Monday, April 27, 2009

Dance Recital




Woohoo! Dance is over for a little while. We atleast get the summer off. I'm still not sure if we will continue to force the girls to go to dance classes. I get tired of pushing it and I said I was not going to make them go next year but after seeing the recital I'm changing my mind again. Lydia is so good. It makes me sick to let her quit. She loves to dance and she loves to watch people dance but she does not like wearing leotards and she HATES tights. To me that is just such a silly reason to let her quit. Surely she will out grow those things. She changes her mind all the time too. She really enjoys dance once she is there but it's all the whining that I have to put up with to get her there that I just don't know if I can handle. Lauren loves dressing up for dance but she picks up on her sisters negative attitude and then she joins in on the whining and I want to pull my hair out. Is is really worth it? Rafael really wants them to continue with dance even if it requires me dragging them there against their will. He regrets not sticking with a certain sport as a child and he doesn't want that to happen to his kids. It's hard for me too because I really believe that Lydia has a natural talent for dance and if she continues she could be really good. It's hard to just let that go. Lauren is still a little young but I know she certainly has a natural talent as a gymnast. She is fearless and loves to be active. Luckily that is something that I don't have to force. She would love to go to gymnastics everyday.
Well atleast I have a few months to decide what we will do about dance for next year.

4 comments:

The Phipps said...

So cute! Maybe they'll want to continue with it:) They sure do look cute!

McCarthas said...

Cute, Cute, I liked how my mom and dad did with me, they let me try everything out for a while, like dance, piano lessons, softball, etc, and then they let me pick the one thing I liked the most, and that was ultimately softball.

MissManda-Mae said...

cute cute i love the costumes!!!

MissManda-Mae said...

CONGRATS! IT'S BEEN ONE YEAR SINCE YOU BLOGGED! I'M BEGINNING TO THINK YOU HAVE A THEME GOING ... NEGLECT... FIRST NEGLECT FOR YOUR GHETTO PHONE... NOW THE BLOG... WHAT'S NEXT??? probably our friendship....sniffle! I'm feeling neglected just thinking about it!