Monday, March 30, 2009

The Flood


Wow! It has not rained so much since 94. We had quite a downpour and then the rain just kept coming. Fortunately we didn't have any major issues at our house. Others we know were not so fortunate. My mom had to battle some water coming in her house but luckily she had my dad and all my brothers over to help fight off a major problem. Her furniture is probably ruined in her Den but the walls will probably dry out and not have to be replaced. A girl that I grew up with is a lot worse off. Check out this news article when you get a chance. http://www.rickeystokesnews.com/article.php/house-on-blackman-rd-has-about-two-feet-of-water-in-it-1642 It's crazy how quickly the water can rise in a flash flood! We drove around after the worse part of the storm had passed and we got some pictures around our neighborhood. Fortunately our pond has a really big spill way so the water never went over the road but it was crazy to see how much water was rushing out of the pond. Keep in mind the water level was about 2 feet over the top of the spill way. CRAZY!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Holy Cow! I'm glad that you didn't get hit too bad. I seriously can't imagine what flooding can do to a home. I'm sad to hear that others nearby are having so many problems with it. Crazy stuff.

McCarthas said...

How's house was that. I heard it was really bad weather for sure. I wish everyone well.